Welcome to the next stop on the Magical Blogorail Red. Today we are tips and information for Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The first time I saw Star Wars: A New Hope as a wide-eyed child and I remember being blown away. Not only was this movie ahead of its time as far as special effects but it has relatable iconic characters that have stood the test of time. When I saw Princess Leia be strong, beautiful and prove that a princess doesn’t always need rescuing, I knew I wanted to be just like her. That is when I officially became a Star Wars fan.
Since 1997, Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been hosting Star Wars Weekends consecutive weekends in May and June. For anyone who isn’t familiar with what Star Wars Weekends is, it’s that magical time of the year when everything Star Wars takes over Disney Hollywood Studios. Even if you are not a Disney World fan, I believe every Star Wars fan needs to experience this yearly celebration. Unfortunately I have been unable to go for various reasons, but it is a personal goal of mine to finally be able to go one day. Until then I research, follow along through live Instagram reports and watch You Tube videos of all the new events. So if I can’t be there in person, I will still feel like I’m one with the Force. So whether you are a Star Wars fan or someone who is curious about what happens during Star Wars Weekend, here are 5 reasons you need to go.
5. Celebrity Appearances- You don’t have to go all the way to Hollywood to get a chance to meet celebrities. Star Wars Weekend is filled with Star Wars actors who play some of your favorite characters from the original trilogy to the current Star Wars Rebel and Clone Wars series. Every year the roster changes but no matter what week you attend there will be a plenty of celebrities so you can fangirl/fanboy your heart out. Autograph sessions are free, but you do have to schedule IN ADVANCE. I cannot stress that enough! They only have a limited amount of Fastpasses to give out for autographs so it’s first come first serve.
4. Awesome Merchandise- Other than the movies and books, the next thing every Star Wars fan gets excited about is merchandise. And boy is there lots of merchandise! Besides all the Star Wars merchandise that you can get normally at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, every Star Wars fan should check out Darth’s Mall (ha, ha, get it?). Darth’s Mall is filled with all the unique Star Wars collectibles and clothing you’ll ever need.
3. Star Wars Characters Galore-On top of having Star Wars celebrities there are tons of costumed cast members that are dressed as your favorite heroes and villains. There are a cast of Ewoks, Clone Troopers and Darth Vader that will gladly pose for pictures for you. But the coolest thing by far is getting to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy dressed in their Star Wars character costumes!
2. Chance to show off your Star Wars Fandom- Mickey and Minnie aren’t the only ones who get to dress up like their favorite Star Wars characters, this is your chance to dress up like yours too. There are kids and adults alike dressed up as their favorite Star Wars characters and it makes the experience that much more magical.
1. Symphony in the Stars fireworks- Of course Disney can’t end any great event without some kind of bang! And Disney always has the best fireworks. So why not end your evening at Star Wars Weekend with a dance party and fireworks set to the original scores from Star Wars?
For up to date information check out Disney World’s Star Wars Weekend site.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Red | Star Wars Weekends: Tips & Info Loop:
- 1st Stop – Adventureland Pam | Why Every Star Wars Fan Needs to Attend Star Wars Weekend
- 2nd Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Star Wars Weekends | Character Meals
- 3rd Stop – Crafting to Disney | DIY- Chewbacca’s Bandolier Autograph Holder
- 4th Stop – Capturing Magical Memories | 5 Reasons To Enjoy Star Wars Weekends Even If Your Aren’t A Fan