Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Yellow Loop. Today we are sharing ways to countdown to your Disney vacation.
The next best thing to taking an actual trip to Disney World is the anticipation of a trip to Disney World. There are lots of fun ways to countdown to a trip but one of my favorite ways to countdown to a trip is to make a calendar. I found this idea from a blog called Mess for Less found here. My son, niece and I made this calendar for our last trip, so here’s what you’ll need to make your own calendar.
Double Sided Tape/Scotch Tape
Mickey Head Cookie Cutter (I got mine from amazon here)
Glitter, Stickers, pictures from old Disney Trips for decoration
1. Pick what colors you want for the Mickey Mouse Heads and how many days you want to countdown from. I did a 45 day countdown for mine. Then use the cookie cutter and trace the outside of it with a pencil (white crayon for black construction paper) for the amount of Mickey heads you need.
2.Once you have all the Mickey’s you need, cut them out and number them.
3. Put double sided tape or folded regular scotch tape on the side that is not numbered on the Mickey’s.
4. Place all of your Mickey’s on the poster board in the order of your countdown. But don’t forget to leave room to decorate around the poster board.
5.Then get creative! You can decorate your calendar with stickers, glitter, old family trip photos or print out some pictures of something new you and your family will be doing on this trip!
I hope you have fun getting the whole family involved in the anticipation of a Disney trip with this easy to make countdown calendar! What are other ways does your family like to countdown to a trip?
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Yellow | Disney Vacation Countdown Ideas Loop:
- 1st Stop – Adventureland Pam | Disney Vacation Countdown Calendar
- 2nd Stop – This Roller Coaster Called Life | Making Your Own Disney Countdown Calendar
- 3rd Stop – Adventures in Familyhood | Recycled K-Cup Disney Vacation Countdown Chart
- 4th Stop – The Delightful Life | Free Printable Disney Countdown Chains